We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers while providing the highest possible quality of service. We only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and will not pass on any customer information to third parties.
In accordance with the Privacy & Electronic Communications Act passed into law 11 Dec 03 we do not send random marketing emails to personal email addresses (spam).
Cookies are used on our site (as they are on any other shopping site). They are needed to allow us to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart. Without this, our store simply would not work. When you order online your email address will be added to our mailing list, from which we inform our customers about the latest products and special offers. You can unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time.
As of the 26th May 2012 in accordance with the EU Cookie Directive 2012, we display all of the information on the cookies used on our website on an editorial page you can look at by clicking here.
In accordance with GDPR we have amended our privacy statement:
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES AVON MARINA COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
• If you are an account holder, we will collect information such as your name, gender and age as well as your billing/shipping address, orders, invoices/receipts, email address and telephone number
• Information relating to your interactions with us either in our stores of via website orders
• Details of payment (we do not store card numbers, they are stored by third party finance companies, PayPal and Stripe)
• If you visit our physical store, your image may be recorded on CCTV
• If you interact with us via social media platforms, your username and display name
WHEN WILL WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
• When you register for an account with us
• When you place an order for either products or services either via our website over by telephone
• When you make a purchase in our physical store
• When you contact us via email
• When you interact with us via social media platforms
• When you join our rewards/loyalty program
• When you have an account with our physical store
• When you leave a review on a product or our business on our website
• When you use a contact form on our website
• When you visit our physical store you may be captured on CCTV (this is for the security of both our customers and colleagues)
HOW AND WHY DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
When you re-visit our website, we use collected information from your previous visit to personalise your experience on our site.
We want you to have a superlative shopping experience with us. When we collect information about you, we use it to process your order, respond to your queries, deal with your returns and maintain/manage your account. Only with your consent will we use your data to offer promotions, services and products.
We may send your details to, or use information from, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies.
We will not share your information with any companies outside of the C Pro Holdings Group for marketing purposes.
WHAT MEASURES DO WE TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We handle your data with the uttermost care ensuring we take the necessary steps to protect it. We use ‘https’ (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) to secure communication over the computer network including access to all transactional areas of our website. Any access to your personal data is password protected. Sensitive/payment data is held only by third party banking companies, Stripe and PayPal.
HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA RETAINED?
Your personal data that we collect and process is only retained for as long as necessary for the purpose it was initially collected.
Your personal data will be either deleted or anonymised at the end of the retention period. When your personal data has been combined with order details, it will be kept for up to 10 years. However, when you provide us with your personal data for surveys, competitions or offers/promotions- it will be kept for 5 years.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
It is your right to request:
• Us to stop using your personal data when you withdraw consent
• Access to any personal data that we hold about you on our system
• We correct any personal data when it is deemed incorrect
Despite giving us consent to use your personal data, you reserve the right to change your mind at any point and withdraw your consent.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND/OR CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION?
It is your right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like us send you a copy of some or all personal information, please get in contact with us either by phone, email or write to us at the below address.
Avon Marina (Data Request)
It is possible that you may incur a small fee for this service.
We would like to ensure that personal information we hold is accurate and current. You can ask us to correct or remove information that you believe not to be accurate.
When you subscribe to our marketing materials you agree to receive future communication from us, both electronic and/or printed. This includes (but is not limited to) products, special offers and events.
We do not share marketing information with any third parties whatsoever. If you wish to stop receiving emails from us, you can unsubscribe at any point by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link that is placed in all our promotional emails. Alternatively, you can contact us directly to unsubscribe.To stop receiving printed marketing materials you can contact us by either telephone, email or mail.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO STOP YOUR PERSONAL DATA BEING USED FOR DIRECT MARKETING?
• You can click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ button that will be placed in any email newsletter we send to you- this will stop any further emails being sent from that particular department.
• If you are an account holder on the website, you can login and visit the ‘My Account’ section- within this area, you will be able to amend your preferences.
• You can also write to us at Avon Marina (Data Request) Rossiters Quay, Bridge Street, Christchurch, Dorset BH23 1DZ
Please be aware that it is possible for you to continue to receive communications from us for a brief period of time subsequent to you changing your preferences whilst our systems update fully.
Cookies are flies of letters and number that are downloaded on to your device when you visit a site with the purpose of collecting internet log information as well as visitor behaviour information. This data is stored within your browser/device for the website to retrieve at a later time and is used to collate statistical reports on website/user activity.
• Analysing website traffic to ensure that you and our other customers can find what you’re/they’re looking for with ease
• Ensuring your chosen items remain in your basket
• Remembering what items you have saved into your wish list
• Sending you reminder emails about products you have previously viewed or have left in your basket (providing you have opted in to receiving marketing emails from us)
If you would like further information regarding cookies, you can visit: www.allaboutcookies.org or www.aboutcookies.org It is possible to set your browser to not accept cookies within the browser settings, information relating to how to do this can be found in the above websites. In rare occasions, it is possible that some of the features of our website may not function correctly, if at all, with cookies disabled.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES